93 Insider points
Despite being in love with the amazing value of this wine, we're also in love with the abundant flavors it provides. Red fruit flavors such as strawberry and raspberry mixed with mild pepper flavors combine for a delicious mouthfeel. 93 points -Premier Sommelier Team
Côte Chalonnaise, Burgundy
"We cultivate 12 hectares of vines located on the most beautiful soil of Givry, in the hearth of the Côte Chalonnaise in Burgundy".
- Integrated farming against the natural predators of the vine.
- Regular plowings of our soils to assure a healthy implanting of our vines and bring a rich and varied biological life.
- Limited yields to obtain an ideal maturity of our harvest.
- A sorted out harvest in the vineyard by a team made sensitive in the quality and concerned by a rigorous and precise work.
- Production with rigor and hygiene as key words.
- Control of temperatures during the vinification.
- Just use of oak barrels for fine and delicate ageing
Personally sourced by invino Founder & unequivocal Burghound, Tony Westfall, this wine was secured for its exceptional quality and unprecedented value.
Deserving of its Burgundian class and neighbor status to some of the world's most sought-after producers (Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Henri Jayer, and Domaine Armand Rousseau to name a few), this wine wonderfully showcases the grandeur of this historic wine region.
Offered as a limited selection, explore more about this wine below or contact us directly for personal assistance.
Fruit flavors of raspberry, cherry, and strawberry mixed with licorice will please your palate.
Eugène MOUTON, at the origin of the first step of the estate in viticulture is followed by Charles who pursues with 3 hectares of vines then. After blacksmith trade he becomes winegrower. At the time, he produces and sales all of his production on the trade market.
Then, in 1968, Gérard, his son, succeed him. He expands the estate with his wife Armelle and begins production and sale of the first bottles in 1976. The estate develops until 1996. Without bottle production till 1976, 60000 bottle-necks per year leave the cellar today. Since May 2002, the vineyard continues with his son, Laurent.
The familial estate since 4 generations is growing now 12 hectares of vines in Bourgogne, Givry and Givry 1er Cru AOC. Our vines planted in limestone soils reveal fine and subtle white and red wines capable of age sheltered from the greed.
Pair this with your upcoming holiday feast. It will taste great alongside a rich turkey dinner with a side of veggies and mashed potatoes.